Curium Business Intelligence
Curium’s core business process modules, CuriumDQM and CuriumEDM, bring a level of control and visibility over key data management processes that are essential to the efficient business operations of financial services firms. But how do you know that the processes you put in place are effective and supporting the data governance objectives of the firm? For example, within your data quality process, are you trapping the data problems that cause business issues? Are you getting better at doing it and ultimately are you working with better quality data?
Curium collects a vast amount of process and management information from its application over the data architecture and the lifecycle management of data issues: Data about the process itself and data about the cause and effect of underlying data issues.
Business Intelligence (BI) is the ability to analyse, make sense and present actionable information about data. When applied to the repository of process information from within Curium this intelligence is vital to evolving the data quality and data governance targets within the firm. Effective BI over Curium will yield results including: Where do we see most data issues? How often do they occur? What is the root cause of these issues? How do the key quality metrics change over time?
With CuriumBI you have the ideal toolset to analyse the management information you need. CuriumBI provides self service reporting and analysis to measure and interpret the effectiveness of these data management controls using very powerful graphical analysis and navigation. Ultimately it is this information and the interpretation of this data that give the firm the reassurances that its data governance processes are working. Good for managing data, good for managing risk, good for meeting regulatory requirements and good for providing a better service to clients.
And CuriumBI isn’t restricted to just the process information within Curium – it can be applied over any data set within the firm’s architecture to provide an alternative analysis and help users interpret that data more effectively, helping the business make faster and more accurate decisions about their data.
Business Intelligence Features
Key features include:
- Management Information – up to the minute status and analysis of data quality across the organisation.
- Reports over any data set – not limited to just the data quality information within Curium itself, can provide analysis over any structured data set to which Curium has access (e.g. fund flows, portfolio composition)
- Interactive enquiries – incorporation of dynamic filters and multi level exploration of the data providing a rich end user experience and the ability to explore vast amounts of data with ease.
- Easy to configure – built over the powerful Curium core data modelling engine – quick to configure without specialist skills or development resources.
- Easy to deploy – delivered to the desktop via the browser – quick and simple deployment to end users across the organisation.
- Wide range of presentation options – extensive graphing and data display options allowing data to be displayed in ways that are easily understood and quick to interpret – thereby giving management and business users easy access to spot trends and anomalies in snapshot as well as in depth analysis over time.